Wow, its been a while since I've posted on here. Every time I think to sit down and blog, I find something else to do. Either clean my house or attend to my kids in some way, or be OUTSIDE. Its been so heavenly to be able to just throw the kids in the stroller or the car and go somewhere! I may not get around to blogging again soon, so here's my life in a nutshell...
- Soccer coaching seasons are over for both Aaron and I. This means more time with each other and with our kids, and more time for me to think about good meals instead of "...sorry, looks like we're having Nuggets again."
- Young Life Club is done for the year. It was interesting to be part of a "first year." (Young Life has been on hiatus in Blaine for two years). We learned a lot about today's youth, and about our strengths and weaknesses as leaders. Now we're praying about next year, and I personally am praying for some direction.
- Ian continues to develop into a sturdy almost three year old boy. My sister-in-law Amanda once told me that 2 1/2 was worse than 2, and 3 1/2 is worse than 3. I agree fully with the first one, therefore I am terrified of what's to come. I believe Ian has completely broken free from the mommy bond, and is bearing full-force into childhood. Scary. But fun!
- Ana is developing into the funniest little petite almost one year old. She's fully crawling, trying to stand, babbling like CRAZY, and can't stop laughing. She LOVES wrestling Ian, but sometimes gets hurt. She's still low in percentiles, so we are giving her all the milk and food we can. Two teeth now! I think. (She won't let me look in her mouth). She's also waving, clapping, and dancing. I forgot how fun 10 months old was!
- Aaron is developing into a sturdy 30 year old... oh wait, that's not one of my kids. But really, he's almost 30! We're getting OOOLLLLDDD.
As for me, I guess I just keep trucking. I love my life and the people in it. I'm having a great time now that its sunny and can go anywhere with the kids. My weight is finally really dropping off (if I'd stop eating ice cream it might even more). Our apartment is mostly put together and clean. I wish I could paint the walls. (Its not a matter of ability, we're just not allowed to).
Lately my prayer has been that God would make me satisfied with where I am. And that I would be satisfied just walking with Him. I've become a person who appears dissatisfied with my life, and its really not true. Emanate joy. That's my new goal.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing about your family Kelly. Congratulations on your weight loss ~ keep up the good work.
Enjoy this time with your kids because before you know it they will be in school!
Love you and your family.
Alice
Post a Comment