As I prep for fall, Thanksgiving is always on my mind. Rather than wait for the holiday, I thought I'd write this now, as its currently on my mind.
* Thank you to my junior soccer buddies, when I was a freshman in high school, for taking me under your wing and making me feel special. I still remember sitting with you in the cafeteria before school, as you copied each other's homework, and I felt so cool to just be sitting with you. I was the dorky, but skilled little freshman, and you were the popular girls.
* Thank you to the moms and older women out there who do not frown at me in contempt as I chase my crazy toddler through the store while clutching to my purse and my baby girl.
* Thank you to my kindergarten teacher, for sending me to the 1st grade class to do advanced reading. While it didn't last long, at least I have a story to tell.
* Thank you to my very first select soccer coach, for picking a player for your team who only knew two things: how to run faster than people, and how to dribble well. You believed in what was possible, and helped create so much more.
* Thank you Aaron, for marrying me despite my absolute silliness. As embarrassing as I am sometimes, you know you love it.
* Thank you chocolate, for always loving me back. Our love is for real.
* Thank you Ian and Ana, for loving your mommy even when she gets fed up and needs a time out.
* Thank you, Clorox sanitizing wipes.
* Thank you family, for supporting us through these past 4 years. Your prayers, babysitting, etc. have meant so much to me. You have no idea how much I plan to repay you (in cookies, obviously).
* Thank you, Reality TV, for giving me hope that someday I will be on TV. Still debating whether I'll apply for Survivor, or just show up for American Idol with a terrible outfit and some random song I plan to sing completely out of tune.
* Thank you Jer, for attempting for many years to give me fashion advice. I was listening.
* Thank you, American drivers. Thank you.
3 comments:
you are too cute!!
Thank you Kelli for sharing a part of you.
you're welcome, but no, thank You.
Post a Comment