Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Scene: Monday morning, hanging out with a friend at her apartment, my cell phone rings.
"Hello?"
"Yes, this is Nurse Whoever from Dr. Confidential's office, how are you today?"
"I'm fine, thanks." I reply.
"Well, this is just a call to remind you of your 8 1/2 week appointment tomorrow at 10am."

... long awkward pause...
"Umm, well, I had a miscarriage about a month ago, and came in to see the doctor. I guess I assumed this appointment would have been cancelled."
"OH DEAR I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. Yes, you're right, that really should have been taken care of."
"Oh its ok really," I say, chuckling to lighten up the conversation.
"OH I'M SO SORRY. Well you take care honey."
"Thanks, you too."

Yep, real conversation. I headed home after that.

It was followed up by a hug from Aaron and a good amount of tears, then a few hours later, a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Aaron. Then followed up by the oddest couple of days I've ever had, including Ian trying to convince me he needed chocolate truffles for breakfast (or, just eating them). The End.

8 comments:

Bridget Beth said...

I'm so sorry, Kelly. That really sucks :(

Anonymous said...

Dearest Kelly,
I'm so sorry to hear that that happened to you. I know that your baby will be forever a part of you and Aaron. Doctor's offices really should be more careful Thinking of you with love, Linda

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think I WILL move to Blaine and have a Gingerbread Latte at the Blackberry House everyday. And I'll also blow up that doctor's office while I'm there. Love you Kel Bel.

Anonymous said...

oh kelly! That is so sad! I feel so bad for you.
What a sweet guy you have to bring you flowers and just hold you.
I will keep praying for you that you will just feel wraped up in God's arms of love...and that you will be able to grive over your great loss.
sending you hugs,
tarena

Abbey said...

SO amazingly lame of them to do that to you Kel, I'm so sorry...

MAJOR Kudos for Aaron for being an awesome husband though...

anne said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry! No one should have to experience a conversation like this.

deena said...

well THAT was a swing of emotions. i read the first part and had tears welling up. then i smiled and chuckled at the thought of ian eating truffles for breakfast (what a smart guy. i want truffles for breakfast too.) and THEN i read nadeen's comment and laughed really hard. i even had to read it to jeremy and so he could laugh really hard and i could laugh again. i love blogs and getting just a glimpse into the lives of those i love, whether it's a sad moment or a fall down laughing moment. love you kelly and thanks for takin care of people's backs nadeen. :)

Liam and Karen said...

Hello Kelly,
My heart breaks for you. I can't begin to tell you how many akward moments we've had where I have just gone home and cried. The only encouragement I can give you is that someday God will use this moment in your life and you to encourage someone else.

Love and Prayers to you my friend.

Karen