Monday, December 10, 2007

Back in 2003, members of my church were going through this book, "The Purpose Driven Life." I remember it affecting me so much. Even though I had committed my life to following Christ, it had never occurred to me that I should be asking God's Will in the world around me, instead of just His Will for my life. Finding our purpose in the big story, instead of being so self-centered.

I was actually learning all this just as I started to date Aaron, now my husband. It was a good time to learn this concept and have it really affect my life, because I think it transformed the way I viewed my wedding, marriage, my move to Blaine, and my perspective on my future.

I've always been driven to follow Christ and listen to where He's leading me. But it makes more sense to live with Him AS our purpose. That we're not just following Him, we're joining His Purpose.

No comments: