My wonderful husband Aaron surprised me this Saturday with an AMAZING weekend in Seattle!Then we took off for Seattle. As some of you know, I am a very impatient person, so this was REALLY hard for me to not have ANY idea what we were doing!
We parked under Pacific Place Mall and headed inside. And of course, Aaron had to stall for about 10 minutes before actually telling me what we were doing. I grew up listening to the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas cassette tape, so I was thrilled to find out we were seeing the movie!
SO funny. And Jason Lee wasn't as annoying as he usually is.
I was STARVING by the time the movie was over so thankfully lunch was right in the mall! Aaron took me to one of my favorite cuisines EVER, SUSHI!!!!
If you haven't been to Todai Sushi, I just have to let you know you're missing out.
If you haven't been to Todai Sushi, I just have to let you know you're missing out. On our way to the hotel, I saw a HUGE sign for the Pacific Northwest Ballet's Nutcracker, gave a sly grin to Aaron, and that's all it took to break open the secret. THE NUTRACKER!
Woohoo! I had never seen the PNB Nutcracker. Only the Olympic Ballet Nutcracker, which I actually performed in once as a Buffoon. I'm so famous. :)
Woohoo! I had never seen the PNB Nutcracker. Only the Olympic Ballet Nutcracker, which I actually performed in once as a Buffoon. I'm so famous. :)
We went to this little bar for appetizers and drinks called "Moxie." It was great, except for the really slow delivery on the food. Sheesh. But I actually tried this Rhubarb Soda that was pretty good, and had some really yummy fries. (Once I told the waiter I would just go get Dick's fries, he suggested their own fries and I must admit, they just may be better than Dick's fries.)After Moxie, it was off to the Nutcracker.
We were on Tier 1, great view. Loved the Ballet, and was SO thankful for this fun date and opportunity to see one of my favorite shows EVER.

So anyway, great show, fun date, good times. We also went to McMenamins afterward and had spicy wings and some good nacho dip stuff.
We were on Tier 1, great view. Loved the Ballet, and was SO thankful for this fun date and opportunity to see one of my favorite shows EVER.
So anyway, great show, fun date, good times. We also went to McMenamins afterward and had spicy wings and some good nacho dip stuff.
OH I ALMOST FORGOT! Last but certainly not the least was a fun random meeting with my long lost sister, Becky. :) Aaron and I were eating complimentary breakfast downstairs in our hotel, when who should walk in, but Becky and Hans! I was so excited to see them!
Ok anyway, now I'm really done.




7 comments:
It was SO fun seeing you downtown~ how completely random was that?! Sounds like you had a great time. Let's bump into eachother again sometime soon!
So glad you got to experience Todai! I was so glad it wasn't just an Oahu/Hawaii thing after I went last year... I made sure that Todd read your entry to give a little "hint-hint" for surprises like this one... Yay Aaron!
Wow! I am so thoroughly impressed. What was the special occasion? Or was it just because he loves you? Good grief. I'm jealous. Can Aaron become good buds with Patrick when they live 1000 miles apart? Lets work a plan, shall we?
I'd love to say he does this really often, but I think Aaron's philosophy on dates is that he can do one REALLY big one once a year if we skip them the rest of the year. :) Ok I'm kidding. This was for Christmas, and it was our "gift" to each other even though he surprised me and planned everything. :)
Hey, its so fun to see my three 84th Ave. house sisters respond to my blog all in a row!
Never forget I was the FIRST sister. :-)
and the blondest. :)
Okay, could you be any more gorgeous?? So much fun...I love Todai! So much yummy food, a movie, ballet, and a hotel all in one day? Perfect! :)
Post a Comment