Every year, we spend the Fourth with an amazing group of people... we eat amazing food, enjoy the parade as our kids scavenge the cement for thrown candy, eat more, drink a little (this year, Boundary Bay Scotch Ale), and lay around in the grass as giddily happy kids run around us.
I had a moment Monday when the sense of peace completely overwhelmed me. Sometimes I get those short glimpses of what heaven must be like... enjoying and loving my community of people who love God and care about each other. The soft breeze picking up scents of grilled meat, flowers and trees as I soak in the heat of the midday sun. Although I bet I won't need allergy medication in heaven.
I love LOVE spending time with my family. Two nights of fun with my parents, and Jer& Deen and their amazing kids. Finally winning at Cities&Knights, an extraordinarily nerdy game, but hey... we like it. And, at times, we're willing to stay up till insane hours of the night to finish it. :)
And I love my parent-in-laws' backyard how despite being in the middle of "downtown" Blaine, I feel like I'm in a secret garden.
The downtown stage always has awesome music. I love watching the musicians and singers, and dreaming of someday being put-together-enough to be up there. It'll happen. :)
To top it off, the best fireworks EVER (except the day Aaron told me he loved me and wanted to marry me). But in all seriousness, Blaine has the best fireworks show. I enjoy it too much to take pictures.
And that's pretty much it. Ahh...
No comments:
Post a Comment