
Aaron and I were just talking this morning about how quickly these past five years of marriage have FLOWN by. It actually feels like maybe a couple months or days have passed
I remember thinking five years sounded so long. Especially after a handful of ridiculously short relationships. I knew I wanted to marry and be married to Aaron forever, but WOW was that thought overwhelming!
Now that we've hit five years and its felt SO easy, I am so excited for what's to come.
"What have Aaron and Kelly done in five years?" you curiously ask.
Well, I shall tell you:
- We bought a house two months after we got married (Oct '04)
- Then, happily worked and saved money, and spent money, for the next year ('05 ish)
- Bought an already running, popular café, and quit a few jobs (Sep '05)
- Coached a few soccer teams (Sep '05 and beyond)
- Decided we weren't busy enough, and got prego (not the sauce) (Oct '05)
- Aaron enjoyed taking his pregnant wife to Vegas (May '06)
- Had a whopper. Only by whopper, I mean baby boy (Aug '06)
- Sold house moved into teeny apartment above café (Oct '06)
- Worked, lots. During naptime, during Grandma time...
- Smelled soup through floor (all the time)
- Got pregnant, then miscarried in week 4 (Sep '07)
- Ignored doctor, got pregnant again. (Oct '07)
- Got asked constantly if I was having twins (constantly)
- Aaron got to enjoy not being pregnant, but gave me lots of backrubs (constantly)
- Committed to being Young Life leaders (Summer '08)
- Had teeny baby (Aug '08)
- Coached more
- Aaron committed to being the Blaine Young Life team leader!
- ...and Voila, we're here in Aug '09, with an almost-1 and almost-3 year old!
"Whoa." You say.
"Yes, I know."
But you know, I wouldn't change a single thing. I don't believe in sitting around and waiting for things to happen, as lovely and peaceful as that sounds. I can rest when I'm 70. Unless I'm playing pro soccer.
3 comments:
happy anniversary Kelly! I need to chat with you sometime. have got some fun things to tell you. hope you're doing well...
5 years?!?!? Holy cow... I can't believe it's been that long! Here's to many, many more!!!
My goodness, five years goes by quickly...and seemingly it goes by faster the older we get.
Glad to hear things are still flowing as smoothly as ever at Casa de Tuski.
Post a Comment