Monday, June 7, 2010

Updates.

- We just moved into my parents house for the summer. We now live in a "downstairs" bigger than the house we used to own! Loving the storage space, kitchenette, and most of all... having a bed that stays put and doesn't have to be tipped against the wall every morning!

- As qualified as I am, I didn't get either job I applied for. You have to be pretty amazing to beat me in the race for a RECEPTIONIST position, so kudos to the person who got it!

- My church just started a morning fellowship group for young women, and I have really been enjoying getting to know the girls. I already have some amazing friends outside our church, but it has also been great to develop friends within our church family!

- I've been on a no milk and "almost-no" cheese diet for two weeks now. I feel amazing! Still eating yogurt, and occasional ice cream with a Calcium excuse. (You know, just like "I should have a glass of wine... its good for my, uh... heart.")

- Giant whiteboard calendar + dry erase reward chart = extreme family organization, yay!

- After going back and forth constantly over whether to sell the cafe or not, we are still indecisive. And to be honest, I am tired of debating and trying to figure out our family's future! There are some things we really need to take care of and get figured out, and it is taking so long to get there. More than anything, I want to do what God intends for our life. I want to be able to live life simply focusing on where God is working around me, and not so much on my own life.

- Lady Antebellum and Zac Brown Band are my new favorites. Yes, I love country. Ever since that fateful day in my freshman dorm room when I turned the tv to CMT. But you'd be surprised to know, my other faves are Evanesence and System of a Down. What can I say, I need some variety in my life. :)

Well, I guess that's it. I would have flowered over it and made it look pretty, but I thought bullet points seemed to work better. :)

2 comments:

Ali Workentin said...

Thanks for the update Kelly. Sorry to hear you did not get the job but as you say, God is in control and sometimes his plan is not our plan.

We are continuing to pray for you and Aaron as you think about, think some more and eventually come to a decision about what to do with the cafe.

Abbey said...

So what was the reason for the no milk/almost no cheese decision? Oh, and I know you probably know this, but if you wanted to just gorge on your leafy greens you could go all no-dairy as far as calcium goes...