Yes I know, its a terrible picture of me. Its the only one I could find on the web after being out of soccer for SOO long. :)I'm one of "those" people. The ones who have dreams for a purpose, have visions that come true (good ones), and have bad feelings about things that cause me to pray (I felt the random need to have a group prayer the night before the 9-11 attacks). I don't believe in anything like telepathy, etc., but I do believe in God's insight lived out in people.
So, with my latest recurring dream, I can't help but wonder what its all about.
At least once a month (if not more), I dream that I am either back on the Gonzaga Womens soccer team, or I am just visiting, trying to prove myself so my coach will let me back on the team. I am always wearing the jersey you see in the picture, and I always do something in the dream to show off. I'll sprint up the hill next to the soccer field, I'll jump really high to find my seat in the bleachers... I'll even sub myself onto the field, school EVERYONE and score a goal (that one doesn't happen often). I always end up talking to one of my old teammates in the dream, and we look at pictures of our fun times being part of the team.
I am 90.3% positive the only reason I have this dream is because I just need closure in my head. I quit after two years because my grades were suffering, my faith was suffering, I was a wreck, all because soccer was so exhausting and time consuming. The actual soccer part really was going fine. I could have pushed through and kept playing... so now, 6 years later, I am still in need of closure for quitting when I could have pushed on.
But the other 8.6% thinks that I dream this because something's going to happen with my soccer career. (Which is maybe why the other 90.3% of me needs closure.) Maybe I'll get noticed somewhere, or I'll get a call to play in the womens pro league once it opens back up again (that'll be the day). I have that dreamy part of me that thinks I'm having this dream as a foreshadowing of what's to come.
And after all that, there really is no closure to this post, sorry! Maybe one of you readers has some insight into all this. :)
Oh by the way, the other .1% thinks I'm the best womens soccer player EVER. :)
2 comments:
that would be me...love.1%
When I first started reading this, I thought you were going to say you were the Gonzaga coach in your dream... I am not one of "those" though, so it probably is just a random idea :)
Oh, and this probably sounds a little stalker esque, but I still remember seeing you play a game against the UW, you were/are amazing, never stop dreaming! Maybe you and Mia will be buddies!
Post a Comment