The past three days, Ian has woken up at 6:30am, 6:45am, and this morning, 6:20am. His bedtime has stayed the same and our days have stayed the same. He's 2 years and 5 months old. For the past 2 years of his life, he's slept from 8pm to 8am.
This morning, I tried my mom's advice and told him "Its still nightime, go back to bed." I helped him back into bed... and waited. He got up again, so I put him back in bed again. I did this 5 times!
So, blog readers who have kids or at least a vast knowledge of kids and their make-up... any ideas?
6 comments:
I certainly can't speak beyond my experience with Sarah, but I do know she has had "phases" where her sleep patterns change. Opposite of what Ian is going though, Sarah woke up at 7am on the dot for a long time, but then started sleep in almost to 9:30 if I let her. She wasn't sick, didn't have major change (that I knew of) going on, she just slept in longer. Sounds like Ian has been very predictable so far, but maybe there's just been a shift in his need for the same amount of sleep or some other developmental change that isn't obvious right now... Having 1.5 hours taken away from YOUR sleep all of a sudden probably isn't very fun...
WOW! I can't imgine having a kid with such great sleeping habits for 2 years!!! Keaton woke up at 4am everyday during the summer when he was two...yeah, not cool...especially with an infant and major thyroid issues!
I think Abby might be right about just a sleep pattern change, but my kids wake up at the weirdest times...and then wake up everyone else! AHHH! Today it was before 5am, but thankfully Tim was able to get two of them back to sleep!
I hope you find a great solution, or he goes back to bed better soon!
Love to you!
give him a swift kick in the butt!
j.k
I like your moms advice and although it seems like you have to do it over and over....he may just get it if you are consistant with it for a few days? may be you have been if so disregard. Or I have heard people say that you tell them if it is dark then it is time to sleep.....but that back fires in the summer ;)
Kel, I have been really convicted that I wasn't very sympathetic to your situation in my comment above...I'm so sorry if it came across as rude! Forgive me?
Hope you get some rest this weekend!
Hang in there mama, you're doing great!
Tarena... it didn't come across as rude at all. :)
You're just like me, I dwell on things I've said to people and wonder if they were the right thing to say.
It was fine, and I have loved all your input and comments! :)
Kelly
I like your mom's advice. The other thing I did when the boys were little and wanted to be up and I wanted/needed that time I told them it was still quiet time and they had to stay on their bed and be quiet...they could read (look at books) or play cars or....as long as it was quiet.
I will pray for you all to have quiet mornings even if they are not "sleeping" Alice
Post a Comment