Monday, April 11, 2011

Random Catchy Title.

Facebook used to ask "What's on Your Mind?" It made life a bit difficult for me. I can have a dozen completely unrelated thoughts going through my head at once. Thoughts in Aaron's wise, humble brain might go something like this, "Gas grill... awesome." Mine is more like this, "I need more coffee, what's on Facebook? Where's my planner, and what am I doing today? I like cheese. I like chocolate. I could like cheese and chocolate together if I tried it. Coffee... mmm."

So. if you ask me what's on my mind seriously, with a few bullet points to help, here's what's up in my head.

- "Break my heart for what breaks yours." which is currently my favorite line in a song for many reasons. I want to care about what God cares about. I want to love those whom God loves. I want to hurt for people God cries for. But I also want to be broken for things other people care about. Shame on me if I ever get wrapped up in the few things I'm involved in without seeing the big picture! I need to be praying for the ministries and passions my friends and family are involved in! My friend Ali is helping the mission of World Vision AND eventually, foster parenting. My friend Stacy is heading overseas with her family for missions and to serve people. I want these people, and others who are doing God's work, to be in my prayers constantly.

- "Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength." Deuteronomy 6:4-6. I plan to do this every day of my life, and to teach my kids why this is so important. God brings life when I feel I have none. He moves me and directs me when I don't know where to go. Goodness, who knows where I'd be if I didn't love God with all of me.

- Spring is a confused season. It looks nice outside. I put a tshirt and jeans on. I take out the garbage. By the time I get back to the house, I'm ready to curl up in a blanket with some hocho (Hot Chocolate for those of you who are Kelly Illiterate). Kelly prefers Autumn. Its blustery and windy, and mostly cloudy, therefore I wear boots, a nice sweater and coat, and jeans, and most likely a handmade crocheted hat. Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.

- Yesterday, my Dad referred to my deep thoughts as Haiku. I don't really know what he was thinking. But it was funny. He also thinks "Blanche" is a very funny word. You should hear him say it sometime.

- I need to do a massive overhaul of my kids' toys, and I need to buy some storage shelving and bins for our apartment. Its embarrassing to have people over, when the kids retort "Ian's closet is a MESS!" That's so not who I am, and I wish I had time to follow through with my instincts to sort/organize/chuck. It would feel SoOOoo much better in the end!

- Thankful. Probably how I'd define myself lately. Just amazingly thankful for God's work around me, and how He moves me and directs me. I feel led in such a clear path, and I don't feel I deserve it sometimes. I am so unworthy and imperfect, and I am thankful that God chooses to bless me despite my imperfection. I can't explain this very well, because you'd think from what I said that I had a perfect life or something. That is absolutely not the case. But I feel blessed and comforted by simply knowing God is present in my life.

Eh, that's Kelly's brain today. :)

1 comment:

deena said...

as always, i love you.