Not to be missed: the post before this one about Aaron being a FANTASTIC Dad. :)
Back to the present...
Here I am at 4:04 in the morning, and I can't go back to bed. No literally, I just don't really want to because I know I'll just lie there trying to sleep. I'll wait till I feel like passing out, then I'll try to make it the 30 feet back to my bed without collapsing before I get there.
I fed Ana about an hour ago, and now I am left here with many things racing through my mind. Some wonderful, some doubtful, some exciting, and some stressful. That's what happens to post-partum hormonal women three weeks out of pregnancy and in the wee morning hours when one should be in BED.
But its during these times lately I have come to realize the power of prayer, and the power of truly looking to Christ for answers. If left to myself, I would turn to my self-analytical and critical inner ways and things like doubt and fear could really enter my mind. Its EASY to head that direction, am I right?
Choosing to pray makes so much more sense. And I wish there was some way to really explain that to people who DON'T know God. When you are walking strong and holding firm in your faith in God and you turn to Him for answers, you find them. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock, and the door will be opened," rings a bell from somewhere in the Bible.
This doesn't mean I'll get immediate results or answers, but I will be at peace and God will reveal His purpose to me through my prayer.
So in the meantime, it doesn't look like I'll be getting a full 8-10 hours anytime soon (more like 4-5 at a time, and I am SPOILED). So I'll continue to look to God when I feel exhausted and worn, and just accept that at least I am walking in the right path.
How's that for a deep blog? I thought you'd all appreciate something a little more bloggy, and a little less "I'm in love with my kids and can't stop blogging about them." :)
(I just posted this and looked back to read it, and realized just how SHORT it is. That took a LONG time to write such a SHORT blog! Which means I'm TIRED!! YAY!! Goodnight everyone. And don't forget to eat ice cream. Good for calcium.)
3 comments:
I'll be praying for you to get sleep and to rest in our gracious Lord!! These are such hard, but precious days! Hope you are enjoying your new little girl! And I totally agree w/you on the ice cream thing!
blessings!
kelly, i love you. :) -deena
Ice cream may be good for calcium, but double cheeseburgers are good for calcium AND protein.
Post a Comment