So, I was thinking about the rain, and my sleepy self, and thought, "You know, today I am a bit melancholy." Then I thought about the word, "Melancholy." Basically, its made up of two separate words:
Melon: Fruit that has a thick, hard, inedible rind, sweet meat, and lots of seeds.
Collie: A silky-coated sheepdog with a long ruff and long narrow head developed in Scotland.

So, today I am a silky-coated fruit from Scotland with a thick head. I just don't get the English language.
2 comments:
Wish we could come and visit you with Eileen tomorrow. I loved the melon and collie stuff- I feel a lot like that these days. Hope you and Aaron are getting some sleep now. That alsways helps.
Love,
Grandpa and Grandma
As always, you bring a new perspective on words... How can I POSSIBLY feel melancholy ever again now? I'll just start craving cantaloupe and throwing a Frisbee to a dog - or Todd - whatever...
Post a Comment