Saturday, January 15, 2011

Craziness...

I was going to have a peaceful morning drinking coffee and working, but now my mind is just going crazy from things happening to people around me and I can't focus! I am supposed to take a shower and prep a few small items for Sunday School tomorrow... but even that small task is impossible when I am flustered.

A friend of mine just blogged about a bit of an ordeal her family is going through unfairly. Her husband has to deal with it out-of-state, which leaves her pregnant and dealing with her 6, 5, and 1.5 year old on her own. I can't imagine her stress and exhaustion. Five more people I'm praying about... check.

My co-director for the children's program had to take off this weekend to be with her family. Her brother-in-law died a couple days ago. The stinker is that her husband is in Texas, so she has to travel alone to the memorial. I have to (and want to) fill in for her Saturday night, but this means I have a busier weekend, and have to do service tonight on my own. We need to get her a permanent assistant so she never has to teach alone, and when I have to fill in, I don't have to be alone! Yet again... two more people and a whole family to pray for.

Aaand I woke up with congestion all over the place. Wait that sounds bad. Its just in my throat and nose.

So its funny... whenever things in life happen, they happen all at once. At this point, I am fully expecting our cafe kitchen to catch on fire, one of my kids to fall down the stairs, or for one of my kids to take scissors to my hair. Or maybe a tidal wave. Eh, there could be worse.

In all this, I know God is in control. In good and bad, He is there. If you have ever read "The Horse and His Boy" you know what I'm talking about.

So, pray for me as I dive into leading a church service all on my own...! Yikes!

1 comment:

kristen0302 said...

Praying you not only just make it through these next few crazy days, but that you see God in all of details.