Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lists.

So, I realized I like to make lists more than I like to complete them. Its just to fun to figure out what you want to get done, or what you need/want to buy. In my case, more effort goes into the making of the list, and less toward the actually getting done of them. I even have to throw it away and start over if I mess up my writing, which happens often because I am left-handed and mistakes are inevitable.

Which is why I say "No more!" (as I pound the table with my fists outrageously). No more will I just casually write out lists and promise the world I will get something done! No more will another page in my planner go unchecked until a month later! I am putting an end to this nonsense!


First item of business... a "Family-Do List." I am going to make a list of things we need to do for each season, at least once. But I need your help! I need suggestions! I will add to my lists as your suggestions come in, and if you like my idea feel free to copy. Here is the start to my project...

Fall:
- Make a pile of leaves and jump into it
- Go on a walk on the beach on a crisp evening
- Drink apple cider
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Carve/Paint/Pulverize pumpkins
- Bake pumpkin seeds
- Buy local corn
- Visit a corn maze
- Bake Pumpkin Spice Cookies/Bread/Pie
- Hike


Winter:
- Go sledding
- Go intertubing/skiing/snowbarding
- Make a snowman/fort
- Have a snowball fight
- Make Gingerbread Houses
- Bake Gingerbread cookies and decorate
- Take a walk to Daddy's shop and get hot chocolate (obviously, this only works if you own a cafe)
- Go Christmas Caroling (at least to Grandparents houses)
- Visit Aunt Diane's cabin in Grayland


Spring:
- Pick flowers for a vase or for a friend
- Draw/Paint a picture of spring
- See baby animals
- Clean house in a major way
- Celebrate after cleaning the house by going out to pizza
- Hike


Summer:
- Play on the beach
- Play at the park
- Swim in outdoor pool/park
- Visit Aunt Diane's Cabin
- Pick berries
- Make smoothies
- Make a pie


2 comments:

Me... said...

Love the lists :) I always make my own in hopes that i'll get things done, but somehow i end up just looking at them feleing depressed that there's still things to do.

Hope you're doing well, I look forward to seeing you soon, that's one thing on my list that WILL be getting done :)

anne said...

I am the same way! You've got a great set of seasonal lists so far. I'm impressed and I can't wait to see pictures from your adventures. :)

Your daughter is absolutely beautiful!