Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Five.

Here are the five pics that have summed up our experience in this snow.

First off, CABIN FEVER: Mommy's need for a few quiet minutes turns into Ian being thrown out into the cold onto our 8X4 ft deck.

Secondly: The realization Ian couldn't occupy himself playing with snow. "After all, what IS snow?" Ian ponders.Sweet Ana Clare. Just playing happily, content wherever I put her.Ian, its just 4 inches of snow! Suck it up and walk already!Ana is the toy in pink.
So as you can see, we are surviving (something I can't say for those wimpy Seattle drivers who are ALL OVER the news).

In the middle of this so-called Winter Storm (kind of like "Windstorm 2003" or whatever year that was), I have found new parental talents (not to be confused with prenatal), baked cookies from a mix we got as a gift (despite being married to a baker), and lost much sleep because, I think, Ana is realizing she just likes being with me. (Well I'll teach her a thing or two! :) Wait... I should cherish this moment, right??)

And a short sidenote: to anyone who, as a parent, has ever felt judged by me, I take it back ENTIRELY. TODDLERS ARE FROM H-E-double-hockey-stick. (Said Kelly with a yawn.) And to those of you out there just becoming parents (or simply haven't had a toddler yet), beware the temptation to judge parents around you! :)

That's it. Oh and if anyone has a Bumbo seat and isn't using it, we'll take it off your hands!

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Hey Kel, We have a Bumbo that we won't need for a bit...Maybe we'd want it back around August...But you're welcome to it! We're in NM right now,but when we get back, we can meet up if you like! =)

kel said...

YES!!! That's a great excuse for getting together, too!

Anonymous said...

Loved this blog, Kelly! I know just how you feel. I was stuck indoors during a snow storm when we lived in Denver, with a baby and a toddler ( Eileen and Jim) and no family except for Phil and NO CAR- believe me you can survive and look back on this as a fond memory. Just loved Ian's concentration and Ana's calm patience as a toy table! Have a wonderful Christmas!!
Love,

Grandpa Phil and Grandma Ann

Ali Workentin said...

Kelly

Thanks for the delightful pictures of the family Christmas and your thoughts of the day and all our wonderful snow!

I loved the part about being married to a baker; I have had thought regarding faucets since being married to a plumber.

By the way, what is a Bumbo seat???

Merry Christmas! See you next year when we get back from Idaho.

Alice