Friday, December 5, 2008

"Merry Christmas"

As much as I feel my last blog about my ITunes shuffle is important, I believe this issue is a tad more important. Or at least... interesting.

MSN.com had an article on people saying happy holidays vs. Merry Christmas, and I replied on its discussion board. Here is what I said:

"Well, it seems that if people don't say Merry Christmas, perhaps they don't celebrate it?

If you don't believe in the divinity of Jesus and His birth over 2,000 years ago, then don't say Merry Christmas!

But I would love for people who don't say Merry Christmas, who get angry that people tell them "Merry Christmas," or who don't believe in how special that SPECIFIC holiday is, to do one thing for me.

Just consider the fact that it IS THAT important to some people, and let them wish you one! They are not cursing you! They are telling you "I hope you have a wonderful holiday season" in their own language! (If you care to, you could even find a bible somewhere and read the story of the birth of Jesus. Its in the book of Luke, the second Chapter. Read verses 1-20).

And with that, I say "Merry Christmas" because I wish the best on all people and want you to enjoy this season to the fullest."

4 comments:

kel said...

I had to comment on my post. I would LOVE for everyone to say Merry Christmas, and wish everyone WOULD say it.

I think my issue is that its just not worth fighting if the person doesn't even believe in the REAL meaning of Christmas.

I would hope they'd believe it before they said it, in a way.

Ali Workentin said...

I think you have a really valid point and I know I will be saying "Merry Christmas" to as many people as I can.

Also want you to know what a great picture of you and Aaron.

Merry Christmas!!!!

CMC said...

Applause, applause! MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Liam and Karen said...

Hey Kel, I am pretty proud of you and your statement. To you and your family I wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS!