As I put Ana down in her crib tonight, I had a thought. Actually, God spoke to me. I walked into her room, into the pitch black, and couldn't see anything. None of the other lights were on in the house, so there was nothing to help me see where to place her in her crib, or if I was going to trip over something in the dark.And I started thinking. Usually the hall light is on, which illuminates the room just enough so that I can see my way through the dark, and where in the crib to place Ana so she doesn't hit the edges of the crib in her sleep.
The darkness seems darker without the light.
2 comments:
Kelly
I had those same thoughts a few weeks ago when Beachwood was without power. You don't realize how dark dark really is.
It's just another reminder of how awesome our God is - he puts stars and the moon out in the dark, way out there and yet it is just a little light that can make the whole sky light up.
By the way, you are a great Mom!
what a beautiful picture you have drawn with your words kel. motherhood comes with many amazing insights. or many amazing insights come with motherhood.
Post a Comment