
Ian Douglas. This kid has slept from 8pm to 8am for SERIOUSLY the past two years. Even for the first 5 months of Ana's life, with her waking up here and there and making noise, he has slept like a kid who sleeps amazingly well.
SUDDENLY he turned 2 1/2 and decided to be like the rest of the toddlers in the world. Frustrating, strong-willed, incapable of calming down for bed...
What do you all do? Now that my kid is "normal" we don't know what to do with ourselves!!! I really want advice, suggestions, criticisms, ANYTHING to make it STOP. :) Ok I know it won't stop, but you get it.
On the flip side, I feel actually amazingly at peace right now. Faith, church, ministry, marriage, health... I really can't complain.
2 comments:
did you try limiting his nap time during the day? i know that's still less sleep but maybe he just needs less in the 24 hour period? getting my kids on similar sleeping times has been important to me. i know ana will be sleeping more but at least if ian's sleep is at the same time as hers it would help, especially in the morning. i hear ya, the 5:00AM time is BRUTAL! but it probably won't last too long. unless your name is martin. ;) hang in there. all the hard work, love, patience and consistency you are putting out in the toddler years is going to pay off!!! at least that's what i tell myself and i think i can see it coming true.
I was wondering the same thing about limiting nap time, but I didn't "think" he napped a super long time as it was... Your call of course. I'm sure you've already started doing this, but I've kind of got behind on knowing what is "normal" for different developmental stages (we're referring to the American Academy of Pediatric book we have - a HUGE tome of a book that goes from birth through 5 years) and then I'm pairing that with Dobson's latest Dare to Discipline (always keeping in mind that it is a positive thing, more like coaching than punishment) - and another little book my mom gave me by Dobson - How to temper your child's tantrums. An easy, entertaining, informative read...
In the trenches with ya!
Post a Comment