This morning, I realized that since I put Ana down propped up in the living room (she has a bad cold), if Ian got up before Ana wakes up (8:30), he would wake her up. So I slithered out into the living room, picked up the whole contraption in which I had set Ana up, and carefully slithered back to our bedroom, and placed her on the bed, contraption and all. Thank God I didn't trip on any toys.
Life sure changes once you have kids, huh? I USED to wake up, saunter out to the kitchen, grab a glass of water, flip on the TV, and watch the news. OR I would throw my running shoes on (already dressed for workout in my sleep), and take off for a quick few miles before showering and heading off to work. Let me lay that out for you:
PRE-KIDS:
1. Awaken to alarm clock.
2. Awaken to snooze alarm.
3. Drink glass of water.
4. Throw running shoes on, take 15 minute run.
5. Return, take shower.
6. Eat well-balanced breakfast.
6. Put self together, go to work.
NOW:
1. Awaken to "Moommm.... mmyyyyy."
2. Fall out of bed.
3. Open door to zombie toddler.
4. Turn on TV, fill sippy cup with milk for said zombie toddler.
5. Hear crying baby waking up too early, plug with binky.
6. Change toddler's diaper after forgetting the first time.
7. No, you cannot have a cookie.
8. Grab a glass of water, forget to drink it.
9. Turn on hot water for tea, forget about that, too.
10. Unnecessarily fold clothes and clean up toys.
11. Throw bread in to toast, and start a pan for a fried egg.
12. Put toddler back on couch so he doesn't burn himself.
13. Continue to cook egg and toast.
14. Scarf down egg and toast before retrieving crying baby from crib.
15. Nurse, feed, burp baby.
16. Put baby in high chair for cereal.
17. Pee.
You too can do this in just 17 easy steps.
1 comment:
ONLY 17 steps? My last two mornings of babysitting went as such...
1. wake to baby kicking in his cradle.
2. get up to potty
3. dress myself in jammies/sweats
4. pick up aforementioned baby from his cradle.
5. walk to livingroom
6. change baby
7. make coffee
8. make bottle
9. turn on news
10. feed baby
11. burp baby
12. drink coffee
13. place baby in bouncer
14. pour coffee
15. make breakfast
16. greet husband
pfew...I made it in 16! But I only do this once or twice a month...I salute you who do this daily!
Post a Comment