Monday, October 1, 2007

My Motivation

It comes from Colossians 3:23. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward."

I guess once I learned that verse, it has influenced every corner of my life. I know there are moments and phases where I just can't give anymore, but at least I am trying!

That's why I am SO perplexed when I come across people who just DON'T give it all. Whether its for God, or for themselves, or whoever. Can't they be motivated about SOMETHING?

I'm a coach... actually, an ASSISTANT coach. I just want my players to ALWAYS do their best, even if it means they STILL can't beat the top team in the league. All I care about is that they perform to the best of their ability, and be satisfied knowing they didn't let down.

So I guess the question is... how do you motivate a moody group of teenage girls to try hard all the time, and do SOMETHING as if ANYTHING mattered?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch Rudy

kel said...

thanks dad. nice try on being anonymous.

and does that mean we're not supposed to let anyone on the team till the last game of their senior year???

Abbey said...

So hard to imagine NOT knowing God and wanting to please Him... Heard two teens talking about relationships (they were on swings next to the toddler swings and not being too careful about how loud they were talking, so...)and it was so disheartening to hear that they had no measurement for the rights/wrongs of their lives... Truly tossed by the waves of how they feel, by how they think others feel about what they're doing etc.
Bleh -Those girls are blessed to have you as a coach...

Abbey said...

Oh, and as long as "we" are recommending inspirational coaching/sport movies "Facing the Giants" was actually really good for an "under-funded Christian attempt at a movie" It made me laugh/cry/get inspired... Especially the "crawl with the guy on your back" scene... Almost making me tear up now - maybe just that good or maybe I'm PMSing

Anonymous said...

Watch Blades of Glory.

kel said...

haha! haven't seen it yet but want to!!!